Keto Bacon & Turkey Chowder
Put those turkey leftovers to good use in this delicious low carb and gluten free turkey chowder recipe flavored with bacon and cheddar cheese!
- 8 Oz Bacon
- 1 Large Shallot, Peeled And Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 8 Cups Turkey (Or Chicken) Stock
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Sweet Potato, Peeled And Chopped
- 4 Cups Cooked Turkey Meat, Shredded Or Chopped
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Chop the raw bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Brown the bacon in a medium saute pan until slightly crisp.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the bacon, crumble and set aside for garnish.
- Add the shallots and celery to the bacon and grease in the pan, cooking until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey stock, whipping cream and shredded cheddar cheese, whisking until melted and mostly smooth.
- Carefully add the sweet potato, turkey, parsley, and liquid smoke.
- Simmer about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Whisk in the xanthan gum and cook for 5 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the fresh thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://waltmansblog.com/
For More Great Recipes Like This One Visit I Breathe I’m Hungry